Sunday 13 April 2014

4. Avocado and Mint Dip and 5. Quinoa and Mint Dip




I wanted something different with my baked salmon.
I found the remnants of some Quinoa and Bulgar Wheat in the cupboard and  some frozen mint in the freezer.
My inspiration for the Quinoa recipe came from "The Bumper Student Cookbook" by the Good Housekeeping Institiute which I picked up for £1 in WH Smiths although I added some sunflower seeds.
And it was back to Deliciouslyella for this gorgeous dip to use up the bits and pieces I had lying around.

Although the photograph doesn't look to appetising, I can assure you the meal was tasty and very filling.

Avocado and Mint Dip
Recipe here.

Quinoa with Mint Dressing

Serves 2
125 g Quinoa (I added some bulgar wheat too)
200ml Veg Stock
2 spring onions
10g mint
12.5 g of toasted pinenuts and sunflower seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Method

Cook Quinoa with stock according to packet instructions (10-15 minutes). Drain.
In a separate bowl mix slice onion, mint, nuts and seeds with lemon juice and olive oil.
Toss everything together.

Tomorrow I will add some cubed Feta Cheese and maybe some olives to the Quinoa Salad for lunch.